From: Kevin Pechin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2000 6:35 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: How to escape a "-" in a form post

Hi,
    I have to make a general form that takes a user defined form
element

such as a text field and put it into an email.  I have everything
working except if a user creates a form with an input field named with
dash (-)
cold fusion treats it as a subtraction and returns an error when i try
to access the variable.
    I need to be able to reference the variable on the following page.
For example i would normally reference a form variable such as a text
box with the name "address" as #form.address# but if the user makes
the
name of the field "E-Mail" you would think that you would be able to
reference it with #form.E-Mail# but cold fusion responds with the
error:

____________________________
Invalid parser construct found on line 14 at position 17. ColdFusion
was

looking at the following text:

-
Invalid expression format. The usual cause is an error in the
expression

structure.
I have tried escaping it with a "\" and even using the same character
twice "--" but nothing works.  Could anyone please tell me how to
escape

a dash from a form element.

Thanks!
Kevin