Oh my god, your kidding? I've spent all &*%^ day trying to get this to
work. My problem is this. If run under the local account I can execute COM
objects just fine. But I get the access denied error using any other
account, even admin accounts. But I can not connect to a share while
running under the local account. Your saying this is impossible?? Geesshhh..

The process in CF which calls the COM object then immediately uses the UNC
path, so I can't use one without the other but I can't get COM to execute
with anything other than CFMX running under the local account. What a major
pain in the ass.  I've tried everything I can think of in terms of
permissions for the CFMX account to execute COM with no luck. Any
suggestions in that regard?

Thanks for the heads up on the local account / unc path stuff. I might have
been doing this forever. I'm trying to get our billing system to work since
the CFMX upgrade, and I was supposed to have this done yesterday so we
could bill our monthly subscribers. So much for that, but I really need to
get it done tonight.....

thanks again.....

Brook