Joe,

I don't want to sound overly defensive, but, to respond to your points...

The development teams are two different groups, so, addressing both aren't mutually
exclusive, and could very well happen concurrently (but not necessarily).

and...

The subject was brought up here, so I thought it would be good to reply here.

Additionally, it looked like a great opportunity to emphasize why it's important to
use the feature request and bug report form, even though Macromedia personnel watch
this list.

-Vern