So, I'm updating my database with ntext and nvarchar for future support of
Unicode for internationalization, and I'm running into this problem:

<cfqueryparam> for CF 5 has only cf_sql_varchar and cf_sql_longvarchar for
the cfsqltype attribute... Using an MS SQL 2000 db the stored procedures
work fine ( or appear to ), however on an MS SQL 7 db, I get the message
"error converting data type text to ntext" ...

If I change the value of the input parameter in the stored procedure to text
and then explicitely convert the value during an insert or update in the
procedure, it works okay... What I need to know is this:

1) Is there a way to make this work with <cfstoredproc> and <cfqueryparam>
and ntext fields on CF 5 with SQL 7

2) Is SQL 2000 just fooling me into thinking it will work with CF 5 at all
because the <cfprocparam> or <cfqueryparam> tag will pass an iso-latin value
regardless?

I think I need to know these in order to make decisions about how to move
forward with this... Likely most companies looking for a properly
internationalized cms will be able to afford a license or upgrade to CF MX,
but if it's going to require MX I'll have to document this on my site, and
in either case I need to figure out how to make allowances for SQL 7 on CF
5.

Thanks,

Isaac Dealey
Certified Advanced ColdFusion 5 Developer

new epoch
www.turnkey.to
954-776-0046