>From there, you can use the cfauthenticate tag to validate usernames and
passwords.

In solution 2, you would ask for a username and password in a logon form in
your cf site, whether they are inside the network or outside the network.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean McCarthy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 8:36 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Single Sign On

I need to get the win nt network user name to do authorization for an
intranet.  The only options I found in my search are:

-the persistent cookie (which will still require one login)

-custom configuration of a browser to auto login (not if sure if this will
make the user name available?)

-A certificate server to issue client certificates (user name available?)

-A .dll or class(es) to do this?  If this is the case, can you please
recommend some good choices.

Info: NT 4 domain / iis 5 / cf 5

Thanks for your help

sean