I have used url scan also without any problems.  What version of the url
scan are you using that you had problems with?

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2002 2:00 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Microsoft UrlScan and CF

Dave,

It was several months ago that I delt with this exact same situation.
It was URLScan and CF5 and I also got the additional header info
appearing in the page itself.  The reason for this is due to an
additional line feed being placed in the header.  This causes your
browser to prematurely think the headers are finished.

I trouble ticket with Microsoft and Macromedia was opened but each
company blamed the other for the problem.  Microsoft said that it was
Macromedia's problem because they don't "do" headers correctly.  Their
"proof" of this was the fact that .ASP pages don't exhibit the same
behavior.  You'll notice that .ASP pages put their headers up "higher"
and so they actually appear in the header section, not after the double
line feed.

Macromedia claimed that the problem was Microsoft's fault.  Their
"proof" was that everything worked fine if you uninstalled URLScan.

While both companies have a point, my personal judgment is that it's
Macromedia's fault.  My reasoning is simple... the problem does NOT
exist in ASP, PHP, or PERL.  This tells me that whatever/however
ColdFusion is doing their headers it doesn't seem to be "right".  But my
testing seems to indicate that it's the URLScan utility that's adding
the additional linefeed and causing the problem.  So, both parties are
"right" and "wrong" at the same time.  If either one would change
something it would work fine.

I also want to point out that this was with IIS5, URLScan, and CF5.  I
do not know if a new version of URLScan has come out and I have not
tested this with CFMX.

In the end, my "solution" was to simply uninstall URLScan.

-Novak