Larry:

        This is a repost I sent on this issue on June 6.  It will be
pertinent, in my opinion, if you have IIS.

        "Since I haven't seen anyone respond to your query I'll venture
my opinion, BUT BEWARE - I'm a newbie, (so take what I say with a word
of caution).  When I was going through an installation of IIS for the
first time - a couple of weeks ago - I found out that IIS may overwrite
existing files without prompting.  Therefore, a reinstall or repair of
the operating system (Windows NT 4.0 for me) was necessary for me and a
reinstall of CF was also necessary.

        "While I was going through all the fiascoes with
installing/reinstalling etc. CF and IIS I had to go through quite a lot
of trouble to get things up and working correctly.  So I pass this URL
(below) onto you because it took me a long time to figure this
installation stuff out.  I spent almost an entire week trying to get IIS
to work with ColdFusion Studio and Server (4.5.1).  The problem was
Microsoft's STRICT procedures to correctly implement IIS.  After
spending hours (on Microsoft's web site and other places) I finally
found the answer I was looking for.  You may want to visit this link as
well.

http://www.microsoft.com/NTServer/nts/deployment/planguide/Install.asp

        Good luck,"

Mark Sorteberg
Webmaster\Web Developer\Web Designer...
INSPEC, INC. http://www.inspec.com
Minneapolis and Milwaukee
Member of the International Webmasters Association
http://www.iwanet.org/