From: Samuel Neff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 8:02 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Access Security Problem

Andy,

Did you create a new workgroup file to store the security information?
If not, you should remove all security from the database (since the
users are in the system workgroup file and this can cause problems with
all other databases on your system).  Ideally, you'll want to restore an
original workgroup file from the CD, but export all your data first
since you might lose access to it.

If you did create a new workgroup file, did you identify the workgroup
file when setting up the ColdFusion datasource?  Also, are you using CF5
or CFMX?  If CFMX, are you using the Microsoft Access driver or ODBC
Socket driver?

If you haven't read it, please download and read the Access 2000
Security Whitepaper.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q305541

Samuel R. Neff
Senior Software Engineer
B-Line Express
Advanced ColdFusion 5.0 Certified
Team Macromedia Volunteer for ColdFusion