From: Gaulin, Mark [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 2:30 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Client Variable Storage and SQL Server

Hi Andy
Yes, this is real, and we stopped using client variables because of it.
I suspect that most of the load is spent updating the
last-time-someone-visited-the-site information in the database tables...
it has to do this on every hit, whether or not the client even has any
client variables. (That information is probably used to purge variables
from the database at regular intervals.)

Their implementation strategy makes sense, it just generates lots of db
accesses and, potentially, lots of db writes.

        Mark