Hello,

I'm using the SoEditor wyiwyg Editor and I need some help with a regular
expression. The Soeditor when it is initially loaded prepopulates the text
area with some basic html. Head and body tags etc.

The problem I'm having with this is that if a user does not enter anything,
it still looks like there is content in the textarea. I would like to be
able to say <cfif not (len(trim(form.textarea))> You did not enter
anything!</cfif>, but there will always be this default HTML in the
textarea. So my question is how do I ues Regular expressions (which I know
next to nothing about) to strip out the default content and check for user
entered content only. I'm sure that other SoEditor users would find this
useful, or maybe one of you have already done this?

Here is the default code:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control">
<TITLE></TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY style="FONT-FAMILY: ">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Thanks for the help. I really need to learn regEx, can any one recommend a
good book or online tutorial?

-Brook