From: Dave Watts [mailto:dwatts@;figleaf.com]
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 1:09 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Using JSP alongside CFML

> Anyone have recommendations for a JSP server that runs
> on IIS that will not interfere with CFMX?
>
> Is JRun the best option? How about Tomcat, will it run
> alongside CFMX and play nicely?

If you're just interested in JSP and servlets, and nothing else, and
you're
using Enterprise Edition, you could just run them on CFMX. You can drop
JSPs
anywhere in your web root; you can put servlets in the appropriate
/WEB-INF
subdirectory, and you can put servlets elsewhere if you're willing to
edit
the appropriate text file.

If you want more than that, you might consider getting JRun and
installing
CFMX for JRun on top of it. Altogether, it's about the same price as
CFMX
Enterprise for a single-processor server, I think (I'm not exactly sure
about pricing, though). This will get you the best integration between
your
CF code and your Java stuff.

However, you can also run a separate J2EE server on the same machine as
stand-alone CFMX install without too much trouble. I've just played
around
with this a very tiny bit, but haven't run into any problems.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444