Hi!
I need to finish this site by tomorrow, and this is the last thing I've got
to write in.  I'm still pretty new to CF and I'd really appreciate any info
or advice on this.
I've got an application that looks like this:

<cfapplication name="MyCart" clientmanagement="yes">

and has various client variables that are set from within the cart, such as
<cfset client.lastname=#lastname#>

This seems to work fine for a limited time, a few days.  After that, the
storage seems to expire, and calculations stored using the client variables
no longer function, causing error messages.

I've got a <CFDATA> table with <CFID,APP,DATA> fields and a
<CGLOBAL> table with <CFID,DATA,1VISIT> fields.  All fields are empty
though.  Do I need to force the application to store the CFID and
client.variables in the table, or is this supposed to be happening by
itself?  Does the fact it is not storing information in these tables
automatically mean the server is not configured correctly, or does it mean
that I am leaving essential code out of my pages?

What is the simplest way of doing this if I need to add code?  I want the
variables to be permanent and not expire, but setting sessiontimeout and
applicationtimeout to 0 makes no difference, so I'm assuming that setting
them to one year would make no difference either.

Thank you very much for your help!

Britta