On Tuesday, Oct 22, 2002, at 08:13 US/Pacific, James Smith wrote:
> How do I stop DreamweaverMX adding a "/" to the front of all my links?

This is a setting in the site definition: absolute vs relative links.
Hmm, I can't find it now. Well, it used to be a setting in DW4 but it
seems that DWMX always creates site root-relative links based on the
local folder location.

It seems the assumption is that a 'site' is always a 'root' on the
server. I guess you have defined a site where your local folder is not
at the root?

> On a related subject, how do you have it open the frameset for editing?
> About 90% of the time when I open a frameset document Dreamweaver
> opens the
> first frame instead.

DWMX will show the entire page - with frames loaded - in Design View.
If you switch to Code View, you should see just the frameset itself.
Personally, I don't like and don't use frames...

> Come back CFStudio, all is forgiven.

You can still use CF Studio (or HomeSite+).

> PS: If anyone who matters is listening, can we have the old
> dreamweaver back
> that didn't F**** your code up every time you opened, saved, closed or
> breathed near it.

If you turn off code rewriting, and take note of certain 'translator'
restrictions (documented in a tech note - I don't have the info to hand
but I remember blogging it a while back... to do with cfinclude getting
munged) then you should be OK.

"Conform! Consume! Obey!"
-- Mr Snaffleburger : http://www.matazone.co.uk/theotherside.html