Hi -

Our school system is using three ColdFusion 5 servers to help students
register.  The three systems are clustered using a hardware switch.  There
are no concerns about session variables.  The switch shuffles out incoming
connections and pairs the incoming vs. server IP address in a cache for
eight or so hours.

Everything has been working fine for about six months.  A week ago, the
third server stopped working.  It generally gives errors like "Error
resolving parameter ATTRIBUTES.ACTION"  I've chased down that error, forced
the variable using <CFSET> just before and the template breaks again further
downstream.

I've run windiff to compare each template from server one against server
three.  They have the same exact code.  They run on the same exact hardware
platform.  So, it must be a problem with the web/CF server itself.  I
uninstalled CF and reinstalled for kicks.  That didn't help.

Has anyone run into this problem before?  I'd really appreciate some help on
avoiding the same problem in the future.  Luckily, this happened during our
down cycle.  But registration will start to bog down the other two servers
in a couple of weeks.

Thanks,
Brian