> Can any one explain how you would use client variables and persistence
> with
> a CFC? Raymond Camden said it was possible, but I'm not sure how it would
> work.

> Interestingly, I could not find any mention of using the client scope with
> CFC's from macromedia. Does this mean it is not supported? Is the client
> variable method of maintaining state being replaced by J2EE sessions? Is
> J2EE sessions even the right term for this new way of storing session
> state?

I would imagine that you would serialize all the properties of the CFC into
a wddx packet and then store that wddx packet as a client variable, which
can then be deserialized and used to instantiate the CFC. You probably
wouldn't want to store or retrieve the packet on each page request, but this
would allow you to store the CFC's properties for the client machine for a
longer period of time than session variables.

I have no idea re: "J2EE sessions".

S. Isaac Dealey
Certified Advanced ColdFusion 5 Developer

www.turnkey.to
954-776-0046