We've recently migrated one of our servers to MX and everything's been
running really well.  However, we've just come across the following issue:
CFMX appears to be holding a lock on our mail server's SMTP process when
sending mail.  The mail server will eventually lock up and when trying to
restart the services on the mail server, the SMTP service will not restart
and we have to restart the server.  The MX box is sending a couple thousand
messages a day, spread out throughout the day.  We are using Netscape's mail
server.

I understand that CFMAIL writes a file into the cfusionmx\mail\spool
directory and that file gets picked up by a separate process which sends it
to the SMTP server.  Is this connection to the SMTP server held onto by
CFMX?  Any insight into the behind the scenes workings of CFMAIL would be
appreciated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nelson