Use the primary key for the table... If a table is designed in such a
way that there is no way to construct a query to pull any single
record, then it's not a database, it's a spreadsheet ;)

-- 
 jon
 mailto:jonhall@;ozline.net

Thursday, November 7, 2002, 1:26:03 PM, you wrote:
EG> How does one <CFQUERY> UPDATE a particular record on an SQL database? That
EG> is the general question...

EG> It may sound simple, but if you were to read a record using SELECT, if more
EG> than one record matched the criteria in a WHERE clause, how could you UPDATE
EG> just one of them?

EG> I have been using UUID on EVERY record in every table in order to alleviate
EG> this. It gives me a unique value for each record (row) and therefore I can
EG> say WHERE uuid='#the-uuid-I-read#'

EG> But without this technique - is there a record-number accessible or anything
EG> like that?

EG> Ed G.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?forumid=4
Subscription: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?method=subscribe&forumid=4
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq
Structure your ColdFusion code with Fusebox. Get the official book at 
http://www.fusionauthority.com/bkinfo.cfm

Reply via email to