> So I'm just left looking for a claification on this
> part of my question:
>
> "I assume there is a demo/single-license version of MX
> server I can download. Would my best option be to just
> stick with Studio5 and download the MX server?"

Yes, I think so. I'd recommend that you try out Dreamweaver MX using the
free, time-limited trial version, but there's no reason to stop using CF
Studio if you're happy with it.

> If I do this, is there some place I can get VTMs and help
> files and documentation for new tags?"

Yes. All of this is available somewhere on the MM site. I'm not sure where,
but I imagine this could easily be found in the list archives.

> Which brings up another point -- I also want to get the
> documentation for CFMX. What's the best way to do that?

The documentation comes with CFMX, so if you download that, you'll get it
all in HTML. Or, you can download it from the MM site in PDF format. Or, you
can go to http://livedocs.macromedia.com/.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496