> We are a portal site for a specific industry and we have a database of
> companies that are in that industry. I am looking for a spider that I can
> send to their URLs to retrieve email addresses and perform other
> functions
> as well. We will then send them email explaining that they are listed in
> our database and should come verify their listing for accuracy, etc.
>
> The features I am looking for are:
>
> * SQL database integration
>       - pull URLs to be spidered from db
>       - store retrieved email addresses in db
> * Send email automatically based on some criteria
> * Queue a number of URLs to spider in an automated fashion
>
> Does anyone know of anything written in CF that can do this or something
> close to it? An open source app that comes close could always be modified.
>
> Thanks in advance,

Ask me again next week.

I've been (because I had to) upgrading the cf app I use as localhost. Among
all the other things it does is do all my bookmarking. Last week I added in
an HTML & XML export function to it so it automagically updates my links
page at http://www.intrafoundation.com/links.html.

Right now it grabs all the meta data (description, keywords, author, email,
etc) via CFHTTP and lets me search against it and other nice things.

I've started to add in a little code to rip out the email and url's from the
pages as well as the meta data, etc. But that's not working yet.

Sec.... threw a zip of localhost.jun.2000.zip on the freeware page. It's a
place to start with. If you like yellow. ;-)
--min