The biggest problem with the audio-video was the browser. We were using IE to
connect to the flashcom server and after 10-15 minutes of use (depending on text
typed and all) we would need to refresh the browser. This worked on every
occasion and after the refresh always went back up to something that people
found acceptable.
I've been told that you can generate a flash client for this rather than using
the browser and will be testing it heavily today. I expect that this will deal
with the choppiness. It may also be the hardware, but the fact that refreshing
the browser brought the quality back to acceptable levels points to a software
issue.
I'll have a report on what we did, need to do and have tried out in the next FA.