Sounds to me like they may be talking about a Payment gateway which allows
you do charge credit cards in real time. PayFlow Pro from Verisign has a
ColdFusion java tag that will work with your existing pages.

-----Original Message-----
From: charlie griefer [mailto:charlie@;griefer.com]
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 3:44 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: SSL Post

Hello List:

Company i work for is ready to start accepting credit cards online.  I know
very little of e-commerce and ssl and all that good stuff.

the bank said there were java and php modules that existed to do ssl posts,
so he's sure there must be a cf one as well.

first question is...what is an ssl post?  sounds to me like just posting a
form to an https address instead of an http address.  is that incorrect?

do i, in fact, need any special cf tags/code to do this?

thanks,
charlie