I use an "isDefined()" before reading/writing session/application variables
and then if the variable isn't defined, I set it.  Mostly this is for error
trapping in the unlikely event that the variable isn't defined and you call
it (producing an error).  If you're 100% sure the variable is there, than
you don't need to check for it.  But I'm not 100% of anything...<grin>

Sharon

At 08:58 AM 6/27/2000 -0700, Troy Johnson wrote:
>Does anybody have any thoughts on weather you should always do an
>isDefined() before reading or writing a session/application variable?  Why?
>

>thanks,
>
>tj

the body.