Matt Robertson wrote:

> You can log in to an smtp server with a mail message header??

If I remember the RFC right, one form of authentication is an extension
of the envelope from where you just add a space and a password after the
From. Considering the envelope from is copied from the from attribute of
cfmail that part might just be possible. You have to subsequently reset
the From inside the actual headers using an additional cfmailparam so
the From in the mail headers becomes a valid address and recipients
don't see the password, but in theory it works (if you can make sure the
mailer uses EHLO instead of HELO, which I couldn't).

> This I gotta see.  :)

Second. If this works I doubt it is portable to MX because the From
address has to be a valid email address so you can't add a password to
it, but the theoretical possibility is there.

Jochem