Dave, thanks for the response.  But, here's the
problem.

You said "So, again, this isn't a bug. If you design a
> database schema for use with a
> CF application",
the fact is, in lot of cases, databases are not
designed for a particular client language, database
design is essentially based on business requirements
including business rules, it shouldn't and care less
what language will be used to interface with it.
That's exactly what my argument was, one should not
attempt to "bend" a given database.

You mentioned about
"
<cfquery name="UpdStuff" ...>
        UPDATE mytable
        SET    OrderEntry_Date = <cfqueryparam
value="#Form.OrderEntryDate#"
"
But here, it's a SELECT statement, besides,
Form.OrderEntryDate does not contain "_date".

You said
"with a
CF application, you may want to avoid the use of field
names that end
with
"_date" or any of the other six validation rule
suffixes.
"
Again, a database-driven application is resolved
around a database, not the other way around.

"six validation rule suffixes",
would appreciate it you can name them or a specific
doc URL, say, under <web_doc_root\cfdocs\>

IMHO, the real solution to this problem/bug (one's
free to argue that it's not a bug), is to set flag
in CF admin, that can turn these six server-side
validation rules on or off, preferably one by one.

Thanks.

Don