At 12:47 AM 11/25/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks for the input.  I usually work with the Query object when getting
>record sets, but when I'm creating new or editing existing records (e.g.
>user or event), the form will pass all these fields to target tag (actually
>to index.cfm using Fusebox architecture), which will then validate them and
>pass them to a model fuseaction, which will finally pass them to a
>StoredProc to insert/update the table.
>
>So, in this case I'm looking to pass just the UserDetails structure, instead
>of the 10+ fields that it contains.  Hence, my apparently suboptimal desire
>to convert the 1-record query into a structure.

  I did not understand that this is what you were trying to do from the
original post.  I bet writing a function to return a single row of a query
might be good for these situations, because I can't think of a way off the
top of my head to accomplish the task.

  I just looked.  Here is the function:
<http://www.cflib.org/udf.cfm?ID=358>

  It looks as if it uses a method similar to what we discussed, except it
is using CFScript.  The function should work in both CF5 and CFMX.

>Thanks for your input and advice.  I do have & have read CF WACK (Forta),
>Instant CF (yours) and CFML Reference, but will flip through them again for
>variations on passing numerous fields for processing.

  ( Thanks for the support )

--
Jeffry Houser | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
DotComIt, Putting you on the web