From: James Mathieson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 12:35 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Studio MX install issues - help on upgrade

Heya, folks,

OK, so wanting to support my favorite software company, I purchased
Studio
MX (I'll admit, I use CF Studio for everything, but I figured I might as
well get the whole bundle and finally sit down and learn how to create
Flash
goodness). According to the upgrade chart, since I have CF Studio 4.5, I
was
eligable for the upgrade. The sticker on the box even lists CF Studio
4.5 or
higher as required.

So I stick Studio MX in to install, pop in the nice shiny new serial
number,
agree to the EULA, get to the page that tells me to enter either the (2)
serial numbers from qualifying products -or- the serial number from the
studio product, enter my serial number from my CF Studio (4.5), _get_ a
green check next to that line (which I assume means it accepts the
serial
number...), and ......

.and, nothing. the [NEXT] button is not live and ready to go. It sits
there, I assume waiting for me to enter another product's serial number.
I've tried putting the CF Studio number on the second line as well, but
no
go.

And there's nothing (that I can find) on MM's website, forums,
reasonable
google-search, or CD that gives any indication what to do if upgrading
from
1 product.

Is there some unholy trick involved? Do I need to know the Secret
Handshake?
Is there some other number I'm supposed to use with it? Or am I just
completely mislead that I can indeed upgrade from my clunky old CF
Studio
4.5, despite what the marketing says?

Cheers,
James
(Really, MM guys, I *do* want to try DWMX! Honestly! Despite what some
reviews here have said....)

James Mathieson
Information Systems Manager
The Wildlife Society