From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 1:26 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Server Problems When Code is Not Locked (was RE:
Application vari ables)

In my experience, PCode errors were usually the result of not using cflocks
where needed.  IMHO, you are on the right track moving schtuff to the
request scope.  From an earlier posting by Mike Brunt, and what  I do in my
apps, I'd suggest using

In Application.cfm

<cflock scope="SESSION" timeout="30" type="READONLY">
                <cfset structappend(request,Duplicate(session))>
</cflock>

In OnRequestEnd.cfm

<cflock scope="SESSION" type="EXCLUSIVE" timeout="30">
        <cfset structAppend(session,Duplicate(request))>
</cflock>

The onrequestend bit adds any NEW vars you introduced in the request scope
to be added to the session scope.  This way you need only use CFLOCK twice
in your whole application.  Be careful of CFABORT use with this though.

As for these errors
>-----
>Request cancelled or ignored by serverServer busy or unable to fulfill
>request. The server is unable to fulfill your request due to
>extremely high
>traffic or an unexpected internal error.
>-----

Check your page 'weight'.  Are you running heavy SQL?  CFX tags?  You may
need to tweak your SQL to run better and also play with the number of
simultaneous request limit in the CFADMIN tool.  What you set this at
depends on what your app does.  I have it set to 10 threads per CPU as my
app is very DB intense.  Others set this to 3-4 per CPU.  Also look at your
request timeout limit.

HTH

Doug