If you are trying to increment - an int for each company, then you can do it
like this:

                UPDATE tblBusiness
                SET companyid = (select max(companyid) from tblBusiness) + 1
                WHERE company = 'blah'

If you must loop through all the companies you will have to open a cursor...
There are lots of examples in sql books on-line... If you need a simple
example I will send you one, but the basic idea is:

DECLARE @company varchar(20) -- or whatever

DECLARE myCursor FOR (select distinct company from tblBusiness)

open myCursor

        Fetch Next from myCursor INTO @company

        Run your update code

close and deallocate the cursor...

there's a lot more code to it - looping in SQL is a bit more verbose, but
it's not hard to get a handle on it if you want to.  Very useful too.

-Mark