From: Mark A. Kruger - CFG [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 3:24 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Using a counter variable

Aimee,

A bit more info would be helpful. Are you trying to do this all in one
request?  what sort of variable is it? session? If it's a session variable
then it's being reset to Zero with every request by the application.cfm
page. You would need to do (with locking):

<cfif NOT isdefined('session.counter')>
        <Cfset counter = 0>
</cfif>