Besides MM there are consultants you can call about this. The first thing that a
consultant will probably do is look through your logs to see what templates are
running long (if that option is turned on for your system) and if there are any
errors in the time frame your talking about.
For example, I have a digest function for the lists that runs every hour. I
started getting a machine hang because I was running 36 of them at the same
time. Not smart. I altered it to be staggered and now no problem. You may have a
template or group of templates that take up all of the machine resources at
times as well.