From: Larry Meadors [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2000 10:19 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: CFX API to create a structure?

Hmm, I just had an epiphany. I could use XML (or WDDX) to pass them in and
out.

I'll try it and follow up in the next week...

Larry

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 06/27/00 01:52PM >>>

> Can you create a structure in a cfx?
>
> I haven't seen a way to do it yet.
>
> I guess I could return a query, but I'd prefer structures so I
> can nest them...
>
> Any ideas?

Um, nothing in the CFXAPI as I recall can do that.

If you're wanting to something you can cfloop through you CAN create queries
with different names. For instance, with CFX_UserManager it's set up so you
can tell the name of the query through the QUERY="?" parameter.

Ie, you call for a list of NT users with QUERY="Users". Then you can cfloop
through the Users query and call for their localqroups putting them in
QUERY="Localgroups". And then do a nested cfloop through the Localgroups
query. (Printing out their usernames, then a list of the localgroups they're
apart of.)

I believe that's about it. The CFXAPI allows for only one query to be
returned per CFX call. Far as I know. So....

--min

the body.