From: Stephen Richards [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 05 December 2002 10:15
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Is Cold Fusion REALLY multi threaded?

Please, someone tell me that there is a configuration option I have wrong.

If I execute a killer query (one that takes, say 2 mins for the database to
return the result set) from a coldfusion page, then all other cold fusion
users are left hanging until the query has returned it's result set..

If, however, I execute the same query from the database client, it still
takes the same amount of time to return the result set, but has no
discernable effect on the response times of the coldfusion users.

This suggests to me that CF only executes one DB query at a time - please
tell me I'm wrong.  This also explains why our system response times are so
lame when there are more than about 20 people on line

For the record, the applicable CF Admin settings ara:
- Single Threading: not checked
- Variable Scope Lock settings:  all set to no automatic checking or locking

Is there anything else I need to set?

Environment:
Op Sys: linux Red Hat Linux 2.4.2
CF v5.0