Hi

I have just been trying what you suggested, and it works but not 100% as of
yet.

If the login is successfull I set a session variable in the login check page

<cfset session.security = "#Security.Division#">

'the division variable is from the itadmin table' and contains teama, teamb
values.

Then in the actual linkdisplay page I use the following query

<CFQUERY name="list" datasource="intranetv8">
 SELECT *
 FROM itlinks
 WHERE linkarea='#URL.area#'
 AND
 security='#session.security#'
 OR
 security = 'all'
 </CFQUERY>

However this is not working, I am not getting any error messages, just I
cant see the link I have just added even though I should as my security
field in my itlinks table is the same as my session variable from the
varaiable I set up from my login information when I logged in.

Cant really see why this is occuring?