This may not be cfmail, but the issue is hard to diagnose, so I'm
  wondering if anyone else has seen this before I start digging.

  Using MX, I am seeing to the string "Â Â" appended to one line in
  one particular html email. Here is where it gets strange though.
  When I look at the email in the cfmail spool folder, the characters
  are not there. When I open up the message in the mail servers
  outbound queue, the characters are not there, however if I open the
  email up in IE from the queue, the characters are there, but they
  are not in the source. When the actual mail gets to the end user,
  the string is in the source!

  I think this is the weirdest bug I have ever had the displeasure of
  battling...anyone have any clue what might be going on?

--
 jon
  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]