From: Matthew Small [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2002 12:03 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: OT: Windows restarting constantly

Hi -
        Sorryfor the OT, but I've got a situation here - I'm running a dual
P4 Xeon Compaq with windows 2K - 1024M.  Until yesterday everything was
great.  Then, the guy who runit started it up and it refused to start. It
stopped at a system message - something about the registry hive.  So I found
an article that describes this problem, applied the fix, and it's running
again, although we have to reload drivers and programs because the registry
has been erased.
        So he is working on it last night and he restarts it.  It seems to
restart normally but when it gets to the blue screen (not BSOD) it restarts
again and again and again...
        So I've looked on google, everything seems to be pointing at a RAM
problem.  I've tried removing the RAM, but I can't get it to start again
without every RAM slot filled.  This is RAMBUS-400 I think.
        1) Anybody have any suggestions as to alternate causes?
        2) How can I get the machine to boot up without having every ram
slot filled (there are four).

Thanks

Matthew Small
IT Supervisor