I would look for queries that could potentially return a very large number
of rows. Since queries are completely loaded into memory as part of cfquery,
it doesn't take much to grab tons of RAM that way.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Bruck - MfgQuote, Inc. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 3:24 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CF 5 Page Filing massively... Ideas?

Everyone,

We have had a challenge for the last 2 months with no ability to track it
down and solve it.  We are running CF 5 on Win2K with Dual P3 @ 1Ghz and
1Gig of Ram.  We normally only use about 400-500 meg of ram, but once to
twice per week right now we are filling up memory to 2.5ish gig and
massively pagefiling.  Database is on another server with same hardware
config.

We can't restart the CF service when this happens, and the only way to deal
with it is to reboot the box.

Part of me thinks the problems is overall load on the box -- average of
8000 to 10000 unique visitors on the site per day and this doesn't include
500ish members on the system hammering it.

Are there any tools to know what is using up the pagefile memory on Win2k?

Any ideas what could be causing CF to eat up that much memory?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Jeremy Bruck, VP of Technology
::MfgQuote