CF-Talk,

I worked for a long time on this issue yesterday and made some breakthroughs
that I thought I would share with everyone in case it might help someone.

I am still working on a complete resolution, but thus far have a workaround
which I will explain.

In a nutshell, the problem came down to having multiple sites on the server
using one IP address.  By binding another static IP address to the NIC and
assigning it to the webroot of the affected application in IIS Internet
Service Manager, AND accessing the site by IP address, the CFID incrementing
problem ended. (e.g. http://192.168.0.64).

Additionally, if I created a VIRTUAL web directory to the affected website
beneath the unaffected website, the problem did not manifest (e.g.
http://nonaffectedsite.domain.com/affectedsite)

Apparently, CF is looking at the TLD (top level domain) of domain.com and
ignoring anything in front of the TLD when looking for a cookie.  Thus, if I
created a hosts file (or DNS) entry named "affectedsite.domain.com" and had it
resolve to the assigned static IP, the CFID continues to increment.  Changing
over to the IP address though, the CFID stopped incrementing.  Browsing over
to the unaffected site (on the same server) did not show the CFID incrementing
problem even though I would use something
like "http://unaffectedsite.domain.com"; to reach it.  The unaffected site was
installed FIRST though -- and perhaps CF5 Client Vars are somehow "mapped
into" that site.  I just don't know -- am grasping at straws as to what the
heck CF is doing based on the data I gathered.

Again, if anyone has further suggestions or ideas as to WTF is going on,
please advise.  I cannot believe that ISP's hosting CF5 haven't encountered
this problem -- there must be some ISP members on this list and I would love
to hear from you on your experience with this.

CFMX doesn't appear to have this problem incidentally.

Kind regards,
Grant Szabo

Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]: