(reposted from my response to the CF-COMMUNITY list.)

While my experience with Lasso is somewhat dated, I feel qualified to comment.

This paper may have been a decent comparison of the "low-end" database
enabled website, but it did not do justice to Cold Fusions exceptional
processing, including scoped variables, complex data structures and
extensive use of caching.  If all you're doing is putting stuff in a
database and displaying it, Lasso is pretty nifty.  But if you're building
an online application,  you quickly run into Lasso's inherent limitations.

Sharon

At 11:20 AM 6/29/2000 +0100, Stephen Moretti wrote:
>This was posted on the dreamweaver mailing list (incidently run by
>blueworld)
>

>http://www.blueworld.com/blueworld/news/06.28.00LassovsColdFusion.html
>
>Its a camparison between Lasso and CF.
>
>Anyone care to comment who's used both??
>
>Regards
>
>Stephen

the body.