> I ma using DW MX. I have to move a whole site from an IIS web server to an
> Apache web server. Many of the files and links are with Capitalized file
> names. As a result there are many broken links...
>
> Is there any fast way of converting everything in the site to lower case.

It's generally best practice to choose a naming convention for files and
then stick to it forever. Forever. Personally, I name all files in
lowercase with an underscore to separate words. I never alter. That way
when I move files around, from server to server, I don't have any broken
links. Ever.

When I'm coding with no real idea about what my file names really are, my
guesses are generally right on the money.

In DW and in HS, you can convert all your code to lowercase. Using regular
expression wizardry you can search all the links throughout your site and
convert them to all lowercase, and then use regular expressions again to
batch process all the files in your site to rename them with all lowercase
names.

If you know regular expression wizardry, then it's a snap. I don't, so I
get the perl programmer up the way to do stuff like that for me. If you
don't have a regular expressionist up the way, then take a glance at some
tutorials to see if you cna grasp it. If not, it might be easier to just
rename things by hand.

And while renaming by hand, you could clean up your directories, and make
sure your naming conventions are consistent.

--
Austin Govella
Grafofini