You were correct. I just added the packet to the ASP page and voila!

Thanks a million!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig Dudley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 10:47 AM
Subject: RE: Returning HTTP response


> I assume the incoming post has a form variable name then?
>
> In order to send back a HTTP response code, you need to simply display
> something, try this....
>
> <cfsilent>
> <!--- Process incoming form post --->
> Whatever code in here
>
> <!--- Create XML packet for response --->
> <cfset XMLResponse="your xml packet">
> </cfsilent>
>
> <cfcontent type="text/html">
> <cfoutput>#XMLResponse#</cfoutput>
>
>
> Depengin on their system and what they want back, you may not need the
> cfcontent tag at all, a simple html page like this could do the job;
>
> <html><body><cfoutput>#XMLResponse#</cfoutput></body></html>
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Frank Mamone [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: 13 December 2002 15:18
> To: CF-Talk
> Subject: Re: Returning HTTP response
>
> It's a straight HTTP POST. I'm using CFHTTP to post and it sends me a
> post
> which I capture with the code below. I need to respond with a standard
> HTTP
> response including another XML packet.
>
> Thanks!
>
> <%
>
> Dim binread
>
> Dim bytecount
>
> Function BinaryToString(Binary)
>   Dim I, S
>   For I = 1 To LenB(Binary)
>     S = S & Chr(AscB(MidB(Binary, I, 1)))
>   Next
>   BinaryToString = S
> End Function
>
> bytecount = Request.TotalBytes
>
> binread = Request.BinaryRead(bytecount)
>
> bString = BinaryToString(binread)
>
> 'Response.Write(bstring)
>
> set FSO = Server.CreateObject("scripting.FileSystemObject")
> set myFile = fso.OpenTextFile("C:\test.txt", 8)
>
> myFile.WriteLine(bstring)
>
> myFile.Close
>
> %>
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Craig Dudley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 8:14 AM
> Subject: RE: Returning HTTP response
>
>
> > How is the incoming XML packet posted?
> >
> > HTTP post? HTTP get? SOAP ?
> >
> > It shouldn't be a problem, but we need more details.
> >
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Frank Mamone [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> > Sent: 13 December 2002 03:10
> > To: CF-Talk
> > Subject: SOT:Returning HTTP response
> >
> > I am working on a project that requires me to post XML. I have done
> this
> > successful using CFHTTP with CF 4.5. Since I have not found a way to
> > receive XML posts with CF, I used ASP to receive the packet which
> works
> > fine. So I send with CF, receive with ASP. The only other requirement
> is
> > to send a standard HTTP 1.0 status back to the server. If I don't it
> > keeps posting back to me for an hour.
> >
> > Can anyone guide me to where I would find info on responding with
> > something like this:
> >
> > HTTP/1.0 200 OK
> >
> > Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 14:05:44 GMT
> >
> > Server: Apache/1.3.9 (Unix)
> >
> > Content-Length: 406
> >
> > Content-Type: "text/xml"
> >
> > with ASP. I almost never do ASP so not connected with this type of
> > stuff.
> >
> >
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Frank Mamone
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?forumid=4
Subscription: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?method=subscribe&forumid=4
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq
Signup for the Fusion Authority news alert and keep up with the latest news in 
ColdFusion and related topics. http://www.fusionauthority.com/signup.cfm

Reply via email to