I'd suspect the MDAC first...make sure you have the latest version.
The original 2.7 had performance problems with Access under certain
circumstances.

--
jon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

AC> Hi,

AC>  I might say I am a cf newbie because I got installation problems. I installed my
CF MX as an stand alone server. So the CF itself isnt slow as the pages load quick.
However I am having trouble
AC> when the PC access the access databases. I have tried the tutorials of CFMX and
everything is very slow.

AC> - Whenever I tried to access the database on DWMX
AC> - Whenever the application gets into the database
AC> - Whenever I tried to load a query, generated object within the DWMX interface.

AC> My data is the following:

AC> PIII 1 Ghz 256 MB RAM

AC> I also had use this PC for hosting PHP-Mysql which went superfast. I am thinking
on using mysql database, but for the tutorial porposes. I rather want to be able to
use MDB too. Does it has to do
AC> with the MAC (MAD) driver update you need to install when u get cf? ok Please send
your suggestions.