Late to this thread (doing holiday things), but here's some pure
JavaScript and a form that does what you want & more.

There are 2 select boxes:

  Available Topics, and Chosen Topics, prioritized.

1) you can move from one select box to the other

2) you can add new topics from a text field

3) you can move Chosen Topics up or down in the select box

4) you can email the chosen topics

You could customize this into a tag or use CF to populate the select
box etc.

You can easily change the text boxes to dropdowns, etc.

HTH

Dick