On Friday, Dec 20, 2002, at 07:58 US/Pacific, Adam Churvis wrote:
> The only way to get true load statistics is to have your specific
> application formally load tested using a commercial grade load testing
> tool,
> and to have your database filled with production-scale data during the
> tests.  Also, your test scenarios should not be homogenous (testing
> only one
> transaction); they should mimic a cross section of typical user
> transactions
> during peak load.

I'll second what Adam says here. Real load test statistics can only
come from extensive tests on your own application using a
representative set of use cases. This is labor-intensive and the tools
can be expensive.

Having said that, the performance briefs issued by Macromedia are
intended to represent real-world performance - in general - and should
serve as some sort of validation of CFMX in production. Macromedia has
had CFMX running some applications on production servers since March
(yes, initially on Beta 2, later upgraded to the final release).
Although the applications are not exactly high-visibility, the servers
still handle quite a bit of traffic (I don't recall the figures off
hand but I posted them here a few months back I think) and CFMX has run
pretty much non-stop all that time.

Sean A Corfield -- Director, Architecture
Web Technology Group -- Macromedia, Inc.
tel: (415) 252-2287 -- cell: (415) 717-8473
aim: seancorfield -- http://www.macromedia.com
An Architect's View -- http://www.corfield.org/blog/

Introducing Macromedia Contribute. Web publishing for everyone.
Learn more at http://www.macromedia.com/contribute