I'm down as well. I use SMB on one of my sites now and have only had
minor issues with it.
I could look into the email functionality (notifying a user by email
when someone has responded to their topic) or is that already there and
I'm just not seeing it? Anyway, I'll help in any way I can.

Candace K. Cottrell, Web Developer
The Children's Medical Center
One Children's Plaza
Dayton, OH 45404
937-641-4293
http://www.childrensdayton.org

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12/26/2002 10:37:03 AM >>>
I'd be willing to open SMB to other developers...

http://www.simplemessageboard.com/

> I've dealt with UBB, fuseTalk, ezBoard, and the old Allaire Forums.
If I
> can say anything on the subject, it's that NO ONE has gotten it
right
> (especially on the database end).
>
> Mike D said a year ago he was going to re-write the old Allaire
Forums
> and eventually open source it. Which, stop me if I'm wrong, is what
is
> being used on houseoffusion.com? But I think I missed the part where
he
> open sourced it. Last I checked in June at cfFun, he said he was
still
> working on it.
>
> I for one would really like to work an open-source bbs project. I
think
> there is a pretty high demand for a sturdy open source board, which
can
> be customized at the will of the programmer. I've thrown around the
> open-source idea with a bunch of people but found our selves
intimidated
> by the legal requirements.
>
> You know we have a really great community here, but I can't tell you
of
> ANY cold fusion open-source projects. Is open source cold fusion a
pipe
> dream? Would anyone else be interested in contributing?
>
> Adam Wayne Lehman
> Web Systems Developer
> Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
> Distance Education Division

can
> > anyone point me to some database examples? The code side is what I
am
> > going to be playing with but need a good architecture to use..
anyone