I ran across this little factoid in my email
accounts on my own Post.Office mail server.

Regardless of what I tell Eudora my return
email address is, some list servers won't allow
me to post to the list unless I subscribe
the "Primary E-Mail Address" as defined in the
Post.Office account setup.

I don't know if this is causing your problem,
but you might look and see what your "Primary E-Mail
Address" is for the account with an alias
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (if indeed this is an alias)

I used to blame Eudora.  It only took me a few
years to kick over this rock... ;-)

best,  paul