From: Benjamin S. Rogers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002 10:06 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: ODBC Date Question

Just using IsDate() does not work very well. IsDate() will accept a lot
of dates that ODBC won't (usually typos such as 3 of 5 digit years). I
would also perform a range check in ColdFusion on any date submitted and
return an appropriate error to the user. To give you an example, for
every form field that accepts a date, I end up with at least 25 lines of
validation code and exception handling.

Benjamin S. Rogers
http://www.c4.net/
v.508.240.0051