I'm starting to think that our CF 5 installation is corrupted though the
box has been running smoothly for over a year and a half and the areas
that seem to be affected are areas where the code has not been changed
in months.  Over this week, we've encountered another two errors that I
can not locate information on that made all of our applications
unavailable.

The first (in the application log): Synchronization error. Please paste
the text of this error into a mail message to the system administrator.
The service timed-out waiting for the operating system's attempt to
guarantee one thread mutually exclusive access to generate a unique Cold
Fusion client ID.

The second (in the server log): The mutex timed-out in
GenerateUniqueClient().

When these errors were encountered, new visitors to the site could not
view it because the client variables were not available to them.

On this particular server, we are also having a problem with verity
search collections.  One minute we get collection failed to open errors,
the next minute the collection is available.  The collections are not
using the K2 server as I do not want to introduce another process into
the mix until I've resolved the existing issues.

It also seems that right before the server has trouble, a series of
searches are conducted with the collection unavailable.  Although this
may be completely unrelated.  I am in the process of putting a more
detailed analysis of the problem together so that I can call tech
support, but if anyone has any info on the above to errors, I would
greatly appreciate it.

TIA,
John