From: Joe Eugene [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 7:44 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Mr.Corfield: MX and beans

I am not sure, why you would instanciate a Java Bean/object to validate
a form or populate a database.. CFMX can do this without much effort.

To my knowledge.. there are instances where CFMX does NOT perform well
or you need more leverage.. if this is the case.. a Java Bean would be
ideal..
e.g.
1.Heavy duty Math calcuation in loops.
2.Data manipulation...
3.Some things that were done in custom tags are much faster/clean done
in a Bean.
4.Flow control for a big application etc.

The above can basically be re-usable components.. where they can be used
from either CFMX or JSP. You should be able to instanciate a Java
Object/bean in just about any version of CFMX.. but you can only run jsp
on CFMX Enterprise...this is what i understand.

Joe