From: Dan Haley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2000 5:23 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: reading text files

Does it have to be fast?  You could use VBA in Excel to read the file in
which would allow you to separate it to multiple sheets (without cutting up
the text file itself) for later import into Access or SQL.  Or even VBA in
Access I suppose to read the file and do inserts.  The VBA into Excel
wouldn't be too slow (we're counting in minutes though, not seconds or
milliseconds!), and then you could possibly automate the import into Excel
at the same time.  Pretty much anything you can do manually in the Office
apps can be automated with VBA . . . sometimes they just need to be started
before heading for home . . . :)

Dan