COOL, All my "yappin" on pdf maybe helped eh? :-)

Also - you may have a look at Digital Applications' tools.

www.digapp.com  FDF Merge  AppendPDF and they will even license you "their"
PDF Library (expensive).

Does ActivePDF have a Linux/Solaris solution, pretty sure they're NT
centric.  Digital Applications stuff is a bit more cross platform if that
matters to you.

Now if we can just figure out how to "embed" an XML doc inside the PDF, and
then extract the xml 'data' programatically.... cha ching :-)

All the best,

Steve